Each summer the Crossroads family pools its talent and resources to provide a high-quality Vacation Bible School for the children of Crossroads AND the surrounding community! This is a high energy week learning about Jesus that your children won’t want to miss.
In addition to offsite programs, families can apply Camperships towards VBS, VBX, and Work Crew. Learn more about Camperships here.
VBS 2022: June 13-17, 9:00 a.m. to noon
$25.00 per student.
Vacation Bible School is for children currently in a 3K program through grade 4. Celebrate God’s greatness and learn Bible verses and stories through music, games, art and science projects, and more! Register here!
VBX 2022: June 13-17, 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
$25.00 per student.
VBX is for children who currently in 5 and 6. The group meets at local parks in Mequon and Cedarburg each day for team building and fun! Register here!
$15.00 includes lunch.
VBS work crew is for students currently in grades 7-12. This critical team serves as crew leaders, musicians, craft helpers and more. After VBS each day, the work crew debriefs and does team building activities over lunch. Register here!
Adults can join the fun in a variety of different ways! Sign up today!
- Crew Leaders and Crew Assistants move through the day and participate in activities alongside a small group of children. This is an amazing chance to build relationships with the youngest members of our community! Choose between preschool and elementary VBS.
- Kitchen Helpers: Make and serve yummy snacks to fuel our busy VBS kids!
- Decorating Team: help get the church look festive and VBS ready! We are also looking for a Decorating Coordinator to bring their creativity and lead this team!
Not available during VBS? There may be opportunities to lend a hand with prep the week before VBS, or for early birds to help with outdoor set up before 8:30 a.m. Watch for more information here or contact Christa Middleton!
Keeping our Kids and Volunteers Safe
All our VBS volunteers will be asked to attend a VBS training and go through the process outlined in the Crossroads Child Protection Plan, as all adults work with children and alongside youth volunteers during VBS.
- Returning volunteers are asked to renew their background check, re-familiarize themselves with the protection plan, and complete an online safety training every two years. Your materials may already be current at the time of VBS; if not, you will receive instructions from Crossroads staff.
- First-time volunteers are asked to demonstrate a personal commitment to Crossroads by being a member in good standing for a minimum of 6 months or by having a child enrolled and actively participating in a Crossroads program for at least one semester prior to volunteering. A Crossroads staff member will meet with you to learn more about your interests and talents, and help you find a great place to plug into our ministries!