Registration is now closed for Shipwrecked: Rescued by Jesus! Be sure to sign up early next year – we’d love to see you!
IF YOU ARE REGISTERED AND READY TO SAIL AWAY TO ADVENTURE, HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!
- We are so excited to welcome you June 18-22 from 9:00 a.m. to noon at Crossroads Church, 6031 W. Chapel Hill Road in Mequon.
- Parents/guardians: You must accompany your child to their Crew Leader in the pew each day of VBS and also pick them up directly from the Crew Leader each day of VBS from the pew in the sanctuary. Safety is our priority here, and no exceptions will be made. Please let your child’s Crew Leader know who is picking up at noon each day of the week! No child will be released unchaperoned by an adult.
- Please arrive at 8:40 a.m. Monday to find your new Shipwrecked friends, a music CD (one per family), and 2018 T-shirt! Bring your yellow postcard you received in the mail to help you find your Crew in the pew!
- Tropical Treats: Elementary students please bring 6 fruit cups (in 100% fruit juice) on day one of camp. It can be any type of fruit, but just be aware that your child will not receive the cup you donated. VBS bread and string cheese provided. Preschool students (3K and 4K) are asked to bring 5 fresh apples OR bananas on day one.
- We play outside each day of VBS. Wear sunscreen and appropriate shoes.
- FREE VBS FAMILY FIESTA June 21: Families are invited to see what VBS is all about! Sign up right away Monday on the board in the hall for our popular FREE dinner and playtime. Arrive Thursday, June 21 at 5:30 p.m. for a taco bar, VBS songs, and a special outdoor playtime featuring a HUGE water slide. You will get wet.
- CELEBRATION SUNDAY: SUNDAY, JUNE 24: Celebrate VBS in worship at 9:30 a.m. through song, dance and video. Share with family and friends what you learned all week long about God’s rescue plan. Not a Crossroads member? No problem! Your child plays an important part in leading worship on this day. Please come and wear your VBS shirts!
- Questions? Contact Children’s Ministry Director Tina Carroll at email@example.com or call 262-242-1670
VBS setup Saturday, June 16, from 9:00 a.m. to noon: Church family – can you come for a Saturday morning of taping, stapling and set up as we transform Crossroads into an island of fun for VBS? Help us put up the sandy beach background complete with shipwrecked sailboat and treasure chest, assemble a tiki hut, and create an underwater preschool tidepool and waterfall oasis! Many helping hands are needed to complete the decorating process. Please come for an hour or for all three! If you can put tape on paper, you are qualified! Treats provided.
Feeling generous? There are so many ways to help make VBS a faith-filled mission outreach for more than 200 kids from our church and community. Won’t you be a “lifesaver” and donate to the many costs of this island adventure which serves to deepen a child’s faith. Please donate online or in the VBS envelopes in the pews or office to help kids discover that Jesus cares about them personally and rescues in life’s toughest circumstances.
- Feed over 400 people at our Thursday Family Fiesta
- Purchase curriculum
- Buy supplies for amazing daily crafts & games
- Rent bounce houses and mazes
- Provide every family a music CD to sing God’s Word
- Give each child their very own VBS T-shirt
- Furnish a healthy snack each day to children and volunteers
- Create amazing decorations all over the church and more!
LIKE US on our VBS Facebook Page and follow the FUN!
Contact: Tina Carroll.