October 20 – Indoor worship is on pause given the high COVID case numbers in our community. We will continue to worship online.
Welcome! We are resuming larger group indoor worship and Sunday School.
All of our indoor activities are grounded in the command to “Love our neighbor as we love ourselves.”
Keeping this command to love your neighbor well, we have modified some things to keep us all safe and healthy. We are seeking to steward the health of all, especially those that are more vulnerable who wish to participate in indoor worship or learning opportunities.
Please know that we have made all of these adjustments to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 spreading, knowing that we are unable to eliminate all risk. We will continue to evaluate and adjust based on best known practices as we move forward.
What to expect when you return indoors:
- Before You Come: Register in advance for each family member and guest for weekly worship services, as well as childcare and Sunday school classes, using the weblinks on this page, or by contacting the church office weekdays at 262-242-1670. Please stay home if you are sick, and self-quarantine if you think you may have been exposed. Registration for worship will open up each Monday for the coming Sunday.
- Arriving: Park in the lower lot and use the main entrance only. Ushers will greet you and check-in for contact tracing purposes. Upon entering Crossroads, you are agreeing to comply with our new shared procedures. Consider coming a little early to find a seat and not miss our shortened time together.
- Worship at 9:30–10:00 a.m.: Current seating arrangements allow for 125 in the Sanctuary. Once the registration fills up, please watch worship online instead of attending indoors. The church office will send out an email once capacity is reached, and will plan for additional services as demand may warrant.
- Childcare: Our new childcare room is now available during worship, just past the Preschool rooms and up the short ramp. Please register by Thursday at 4:30 p.m. for childcare. Click here to register.
- Sunday School at 10:15 a.m.: Visit the education webpages to learn about fall offerings for children, youth, and adults, both in person and online, and to register for your spot.
What We’re Doing as a Community to make it safer to resume indoor worship:
- We did a professional deep clean sanitization of the sanctuary and narthex.
- We are upgrading to industry-recommended MERV 13 filters throughout our current churchwide HVAC system, which trap viral particles more effectively than our previous MERV 8 filters. UPDATE: The backordered filters were installed December 1.
- We are requiring anyone age 5 and older wear face coverings. The preaching pastor and those leading singing will remove their face covering when leading, and then put it back on when not leading. Extra face coverings are available at the main entrance. If wearing a face covering is an issue, please worship online.
- We are providing for physical distancing by seating households 6’ apart (at ends of every other pew), reducing movement during the service, and dismissing worshipers row-by-row starting from the back. We encourage moving outside to open areas when socializing.
- We are limiting the amount of time all together in one space to approximately 30 minutes. Science shows that these combined precautions (time, distance, face coverings, airflow, and hygiene) allow us to gently sing together more safely indoors, as done at outdoor worship.
- We are trying to be as “touchless” as possible by: propping doors open, offering children’s take-and-keep activity bags (but no bulletins), passing the peace from afar, using only 1 welcome card per pew seating area, dropping welcome cards and offerings in narthex baskets as we leave, and distributing pre-packaged Communion elements monthly. There will be no coffee stations or drinking fountains. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.