In every child’s life there are milestones:
…taking those first steps
…the first time a tooth comes out
…the first day of school
There are also milestones in our spiritual life. These are beginning places to a rich and growing faith. Our classes foster faith development in children and their parents and strive to support our church family in keeping the promises made at baptism.
At Crossroads, we offer each of our seven Milestones once a year. Milestones include a workshop for children to attend with their parent/caregivers and a chance for participants to be recognized or participate in Sunday Worship. All the Milestones is targeted to a specific developmental age group, but any elementary-age child is welcome at any one of our Milestones.
Dinner is provided to participants and families free of charge before Wednesday night workshops. Childcare for younger siblings age 6 months through 3 years is always available during Sunday workshops and at Wednesday workshops by request. Indicate when you register if you’ll need childcare.
Milestones through the Year:
- 4K: Jesus Storybook Bible (Sunday, January 21, 2024)
- Kindergarten: The Lord’s Prayer (Sunday, February 4, 2024)
- Grade 1: Baptism (Wednesday, May 1, 2024)
- Grade 3: Bible (Wednesday, November 4)
- Grade 4: Worship (Two-part workshop on Wednesdays, April 10 & 17)
- Grade 5: Stewardship and Service (Sunday, October 1 and Faith in Action day, Sunday, October 8)