Children’s Ministry (Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights)
Children’s Ministry is looking for high school youth and adults who feel called to serve our youngest disciples! We would love to match your unique talents to the needs of our ministries. From Sunday mornings to Wednesday evenings to a variety of one-time activities, there are lots of ways and times to “Love Him, Serve Them, Grow Together!”
- Do you have a special skill to share? We are looking for small group workshop leaders for Wednesday Night Kids Club. Crafts, music, juggling, cooking— whatever is fun for you will be fun for our kids!
- Sing, pray, and play on Sunday Mornings! Be part of K4-grade 1 students’ first worship experience as a Children’s Worship leader or assistant! If you love music and Bible stories, you will love being on this team.
(One Sunday per semester, 9:15-10:15 a.m.)
- Lend a hand to an amazing teacher! Jump in as an Assistant Sunday School Teacher. You’ll participate in all the activities and discussions and help build community in the classroom. Openings are available in K5-grade 1, grades 2-3, and grades 4-5.
(Three Sundays a month from 10:15-11:00 a.m. with the first Sunday off.)
Contact: Christa Middleton, Director of Children and Family Ministry
Crossroads Christian Preschool is seeking loving adults to assist the teachers in the 3K classroom on Monday, Wednesdays, or Fridays from 8:45 to 11:30 a.m.! Even coming in once a month is a huge help! Please contact Maureen Leurquin, Director of Preschool, if interested.
Contact: Maureen Leurquin, Preschool Director
Safety and Training
We want everyone to feel safe at Crossroads. Our Child Protection Plan helps us build a safe environment for children and persons of all physical and cognitive abilities. Volunteers are asked to review and agree to this plan as preparation for your role in the classroom. Read the full plan here.
- Returning volunteers are asked to renew their background check, re-familiarize themselves with the protection plan, and complete an online safety training every two years.
- First-time volunteers are asked to demonstrate a personal commitment to Crossroads by being a member in good standing for a minimum of 6 months or by having a child enrolled and actively participating in a Crossroads program for at least one semester prior to volunteering. A Crossroads staff member will meet with you to learn more about your interests and talents, and help you find a great place to plug into our ministries!