Children’s Ministry is looking for high school youth and adults who feel called to serve our youngest disciples! We would love to match your unique talents to the needs of our ministries. From Sunday mornings to Wednesday evenings to a variety of one-time activities, there are lots of ways and times to “Love Him, Serve Them, Grow Together!”
We want everyone to feel safe at Crossroads. Our new Child Protection Plan expands on the previous “blue book” to build a safe environment for children and persons of all physical and cognitive abilities. Volunteers are asked to review and agree to this plan as preparation for your role in the classroom. Read the full plan here.
Be a Leader This Year!
Children’s Worship Team Leader: Help design children’s first worship experience! Plus, schedule and guide a team of worship leaders. 4 hours/month
Milestone Project Co-Leader: Build relationships with Milestones families throughout the year. Plus, organize and update workshop materials. 20+ hours/year
Wednesday Night Coordinators: For your elementary age group, help create lesson plans and themes. Get new volunteers involved, and work with church staff as a Wednesday Night event coordinator. 3 hours per week during Wednesday night sessions.
Dive in to Weekly Programming!
- Wednesday Night Shepherds: Bring your fun-loving spirit and engage in activities along with a small group of children! No teaching or prep required. 1.5 hours per week.
- Assistant Sunday School Teachers: Respond to the needs of your lead teacher and students during class. Positions available in K-5th grade classrooms. No prep required. 1 hour per week, 3 weeks in a row with the fourth off.
- Children’s Worship Leaders: Praise, pray, and share the stories of the Bible with children age 3 through 1st grade! Training, script, and assistants provided. 2 hours per semester; sign up for Sundays when you are available.
- Substitute Sunday School Teachers: Do you like thinking on your feet? We’ll provide you with a lesson plan and all the teaching materials you will need to fill in. Time commitment and schedule based on your availability.
- Sunday Morning Greeters: Share your enthusiasm for Crossroads and Children’s Ministry! Warmly welcome and direct parents and children as they arrive, and supervise check-in. 2o minutes per week.
Contact: Christa Middleton, Director of Children and Family Ministry